Here comes the long-awaited Women Techmakers International Women’s Day 2019! This global event series celebrating International Women’s Day will be held on 13 April 2019 at Google HK office, from 12:45pm to 6:00pm. We have prepared a series of exciting activities for tech lovers like you!
In this event, our growing female community of designers, developers, and technology entrepreneurs will share their insightful stories with you. Other than having the valuable chance to join our free workshops, you can also make a lot of new friends who love tech as much as you do in the event.
Welcome Speech (English)
- By Leonie Valentine, Managing Director, Sales & Operations, Google Hong Kong
Talk 1: “Intro & Career in Developer Relations Team” (Cantonese)
- By Tony Chan, Lead, Partner DevRel APAC, Google
Actions on Google Codelab (Cantonese)
- Trying to do something by saying “OK Google”? Want is “Actions on Google”? We are having an 1hr code-lab for building Action App on the Machine Learning empowered Google Assistant platform.
*Beginner Level, No coding knowledge prerequired*
**Must bring a notebook computer**
Speechless Workshops (Cantonese)
- Fun and engaging workshop to put outsize of your comfort zone and transform you to be a public speaker! Even Google I/O conference includes the Speechless session every year. Are you ready to be transformed?
Talk 2: “How Design Help Increase User Engagement” (Cantonese)
- * 新用戶初次使用你的產品時，他們到底在想什麼？
* 應該如何設計體驗， 並如何衡量及測試設計是否成功
* 遊戲玩家的行為如何啟發我們提高User Engagement
- By Amy Ip, Partner, White Knight Group
Expert in UX & Digital Transformation, Former Senior Director & Design Expert in Tencent, worked in Yahoo & Microsoft
Panel Discussion: “Advantages & Challenges of Tech Women’s Career & Workspace” (English)
- Amy Ip, Partner in White Knight Group
- Dr. Lydia Leung, CEO, Belun Technology
- Ying Zou, Director of Product Engineering APAC, Accedo.tv
- Frances Ng, Software Engineer, Datarama
- Michelle Chan, Founder, Weava
Language: Most of the talks and workshops will be conducted in Cantones
More about the guest speakers:
Talk Speaker & Panelist: Amy Ip
Amy is a Partner of White Knight Group, a revolutionary investor helping startups to release potentials. She is an expert in design thinking, leveraging design approach to help capture opportunities and develop innovative concepts. Previously, Amy was Group Director of Fjord Greater China (Part of Accenture Interactive) and she led Digital Transformation Programs to help clients (include banking, insurance and retail industry) develop experience strategy.
Amy was a Senior Director & Design Expert at Tencent, and was the Chairlady of Tencent Design Committee. She was also a Microsoft and Yahoo!HK alumni.
Panelist: Dr. Lydia Leung
Born and raised in Hong Kong, Dr. Lydia Leung possesses a very strong academic background. Not only has she published over 30 journals and conference papers, she is also the co-author of a book chapter and the owner of 17 US/China patents.
Dr. Leung is currently the CEO of Belun Technology, which is in the frontier of home screening tool for sleeping disorder, respiratory and cardiovascular related diseases. Prior to joining Belun Technology, she was the Director of the Opto-Electronic Technology Division at ASTRI. During her eleven years with ASTRI, she established the medical/healthcare electronic team and spearheaded its development. She was responsible for the strategic planning, R&D, patent portfolio, design, development and marketing of medical/healthcare electronic devices and telecare/telehealth system for chronic disease management.
Panelist: Michelle Chan
Michelle is the founder and CEO of Weava, a research tool to highlight, organize, and create research documents all in one place. It is used by over 200+ educational institutions around the world. Prior to joining Weava, Michelle was responsible for product design at Amazon and other startups in San Francisco and Hong Kong.